After a long, long while, finally got some time to update many parts of mahesha.com that were on my to-do list.
Thanks to the good guys at Obox Design my blog at tech.mahesha.com (this blog) has a new, clean theme that I really like. I hope everything is setup correctly. Some broken links, etc. are expected. But I should be able to clean that up in the coming few days.
Home page at mahesha.com is completely refreshed. I’ve been working on this for a while now. It is still kind of a work in progress, but I think it is ready enough to be made live.
This is a minor change. The favicon that I use on most of my sites, which is also my avatar on many sites, is pretty old. I created it it many moons ago when I had a Mac, with Photoshop installed. I have, since, moved to using Linux and open source software for most of my computational needs. As such, I always wanted to recreate the image using GIMP. I finally got to doing it. And as a starting point, I am updating the favicons on the home page and the blog to use the newly created image. Soon I’ll update favicons and avatars on other sites too.
While I am at updating the blog theme, I though I’d implement the Authorship mechanism that Google recently launched. With a excellent instructions at from various sources, I have tried to implement
rel=author. I will be eager to see if the effects show in search results in the coming few days.
It has become almost a weekly exercise, but this blog is also updated to the latest WordPress 3.2. I hope it stays current for at least some weeks.
Cheers for now!
Oh, by the way, you can find me on Google+!